Skip to main content

Learn Korean




Okay, so first, i'll say that Beeline is a subscription service. Meaning, you will need to pay. I know, a lot of people don't want to pay, but compared to dropping money on some books that might collect dust on your shelf for a long time because you don't understand them, or because they weren't exciting enough, Beeline is actually worth the money (or so I think, but i'll walk you through and show you what I mean). This is basically a series of video lessons that also teach some cultural lessons and all those "but why?" questions. Which is why I REALLY like it! When I learn a language, I want to know more about the culture and when to use those words or phrases, Beeline explains exactly that!

(yassssssss i love learning culture)


Let's hop in!







So this is basically what the top looks like. You have Level 1, Hangul, and Level 2. I'll go through some of these so you know what to expect~


I don't even know where to start with this, they have SO MANY lessons for pretty much ANY situation you might find yourself in. So lesson 1 is good if you also don't know how to read korean. Even if you can read, these are still great because they are the most vital things you will need.


For example, "What's on the menu?"



This lessons goes over some common foods (trust me, you want to know what you're eating) and how to say stuff such as
"Please give me more _________"

I can't even begin to tell you how many other lessons are just in lesson 1, but some examples are;
"What's your name?"
"At the bar"
"Shopping at the store"

All with important words and phrases you will need!
Lesson 1 is good for if you're just visiting Korea, or don't know where to start at all on your language journey!



Hangul
The next lessons listed is Hangul.. Why is this second? Well, I'm not 100% sure but I think it's helpful because level 1 is the basics. stuff you REALLY should know before you arrive in Korea.. You don't need to know Hangul as much at that point (though if you're going to long-term learn korean, you really should start with reading!!!) since it's so basic.


I'm going to start by saying, I learned to read BASICCC Korean from TalktomeinKorean, but beeline goes wayyyy beyond just how to read basic words, to lessons I had to learn from a tutor.. Such as,




They have a whole realllly good lesson on Double Consonants! I wish I had this while I was new, because I struggled on this a lot, and didn't have a video to go rewatch when I needed help. Honestly, if you're worried you won't learn to read, there's no need to worry here. TTMIK is great too!!! But beeline really nailed the whole teaching to read thing, since it's more extensive and explains it better.

Level 2 

Now for level 2. this is when we really get into the Korean. Here, they have the hangul written on the screen (which I love because once you learn to read, you can /really/ get that pronunciation down).

Lessons here get a bit more advanced, of course. You learn to talk about feelings, what you like/dislike, talk about money etc!!!


Level 2 will really help with being able to have a better conversation in Korean. Other than "Hi" "How are you?" "Okay, bye", you learn how to go deeper. 

These lessons are actually really similar to how tutoring may work. My tutors would often give me a conversation to read, then we would go back and talk about it. Which is what they do here too! It's a very good method to learning, because you get repetition and explanation. The teacher for Beeline is very pretty talks very slow and clearly too, so you are able to follow the lesson better.


Soooo yeah!!! I hope this was helpful. Of course, I can't force you to go with Beeline, but if you asked me which book or service you should spend any money on, I actually would pick Beeline. I've spent more time on Beeline already than many of my books or flashcards. Their lessons cover more than most books do anyways too! 




Thank you for reading <333












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

So let's begin!! So I saw this store by Ewha about a month or so ago, and within weeks it was already built! Their mascot is the moonmin cartoon which really drew me in.. Along with a store with a subway theme (not the food, the actual transportation). These aren't my first products with them, so I know they usually have pretty good quality items. So I really loved this blue and pink color to start! And recently added the red to my collection along with their top coat. These were my favorite because they were some of the brightest, but they also have green, grey, etc...  Ignoring how badly I seem to paint my nails, I also would like to add how much I love this top coat! So the colors go on pretty vividly and are really shiny (especially with the top coat) and really smooth. I wish I could have found a base coat, but with this top one, they can last a couple days - a week before they start chipping. I don't think it lasted much longer than a usu

KOREA VS. POKEMON GO

Haha, do you guys like the edit I made? I think pikachu is pretty excited for the Korea Pokemon-Go Release! So along with my video, I wanted to go in more detail about it. So current, Korea does not have Pokemon-Go. If you are confused on some of this background information, I suggest you take a look at my video, which covers some of the main points. Along with that, let's get into detail. So in the video, I mention how Google isn't allowed to use GPS in Korea unless authorized to, right? This also goes hand-in-hand with the reason all your foreigner friends say, "USE NAVER!! IT'S BETTER!!!!" as if I would still betray my beloved Google maps.. I'm going to use this image below to help show you all the restrictions clearly, since it's a bit confusing.. If you have been to Korea, this explains a lot, right? Well this is because the South Korean government does not want North Korea having access to maps from South Korea. The GPS signal from Google

Bonne Chance

Hello Everyone! So it has been quite some time since I've added to this blog. Today, i'm showing you an amazing online store I recently found. Not related to Korea- But still adorable!  This review is not sponsored #Iwish So, to tell you a little about this shop, It's all handmade items and FREE SHIPPING! I love the cutesy, dolly, outfits they make! I've seen dresses like these online for $100+ When most of their items are less than $50 (and did I mention free shipping? ). I also saw they had a sale going on, so I decided to put that Christmas Money out there and buy a dress... Let's just say withing 24 hours of receiving that first dress, I was back online going to get more. Let's start with the adorable packaging! It's wrapped so nicely (I didn't add anything to this) and they even give you a card with a super sweet "Thank - You" note inside ;-; it made my day, I can't begin to describe the amount of effort put into this.